‘The Cat Comes Home’ – by Keith Hill
On Oct 14th 1943 the US 8th Air Force undertook a mission to bomb the German ball bearing plants at Schwienfurt. Although the ball bearing plants were successfully bombed, the success came at a high cost and in all 60 B.17 bombers and their crews were lost.
Remarkably, the 303rd Bomb Group from RAF Molesworth lost just one aircraft.
Badly damaged over Germany ‘Cat ‘o 9 Tails’ made its way back to England with one of the crew seriously wounded. Unable to find any airfield on which to land and running low on fuel the crew baled out over Aylesbury. The aircraft set on automatic pilot and pointed towards the North Sea.
However it got no further than Bedfordshire, where it ran out of fuel and glided down, making an almost perfect landing in the village of Riseley.
Each print is Signed and Numbered by the Artist, Keith Hill, and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity
Giclee Print Available Sizes:
- Large Overall size: 28" x 20" Limited Edition of 100
- Small Overall size: 20" x 14" Limited Edition of 200
Giclee Print Remarque Option:
- Selecting 'Yes' above will add an original pencil sketch by Keith, in the print border, either side of the print title.
- There is an additional cost for these sketches of £79.
- Please allow up 2-4 weeks delivery time, Keith will contact you with a more accurate delivery estimate.
- Contact Keith with your preferred subject matter or to discuss ideas.
Shipping: UK P+P £6 Overseas P+P £12 For more details, click here.
Each print is supplied with veterans signatures on a separate piece of card ready for mounting within the print frame:
- 2/Lt M. D. Blackburn (Bombadier)
- T/Sgt Tony T. Kujawa (Flight Engineer / Gunner)
Other options available for 'The Cat Comes Home' print:
Remarqued Print include an original pencil sketch by Keith in the print border, discuss options with Keith
Original Oil Painting Oil on Canvas, 30" x 20", £2300, contact Keith for details.